Past Years Highlights
These are a few of the highlights of our last ten years.
- Spring, 2009, concert season dedicated to St. Jude Research Childrens Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Annual trips to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, LeBonheur Childrens Hospital and the VA Hospital in Memphis, TN
- Annual trips to the Baddour Center in Senitobia, Mississippi
Choral representative to the 200th birthday of our nations capital in Washington, D.C.
- Performances with the Paducah Symphony Orchestra in Dresden, Martin and McKenzie, Tennessee
- A Christmas Portrait, a Christmas musical including full costuming, acting and choreography
- Concerts at schools located across the region and Nashville, TN
Sponsorship of the Nashville Chamber Orchestra in concert in Dresden, TN
- Sponsorship of Nickel Creek in concert at the Krider Performing Arts Center in Paris, TN
- Concerts at The Biltmore Estates Candlelight Christmas Evenings
Performances at many of the regions theaters:
- Krider Performing Arts Center, Paris, TN
- Bartlett Performing Arts and Conference Center, Bartlett, TN
- The Ned R. McWherter Cultural Arts Center in Jackson, TN
- Nite Lite Theater, Trenton, TN
- Freed Hardeman University, Henderson, TN
- Bethel College, McKenzie, TN
- Lovett Auditorium, Murray State University, Murray, KY
- Guest appearance by Elmo Mercer, composer
- Outdoor venues such as the Dresden Iris Festival, the Pontotoc Festival in South Fulton, TN, the Paducah Riverfront , and McKenzie, Tennessees Festival of Freedom
- Recording of six CDs, Homecoming, Strictly A Cappella, A Christmas Portrait, Favorite Hymns, Come Celebrate Christmas, and Strictly a Cappella, Too.
- Trips to St. Louis, Missouri, performing at the Child Garden Easter Seal Center, the Shriners Hospital, at Union Station and at the Arch.
- Tennessee State Fair, Nashville, TN
- Concerts at the Parthenon, Nashville, TN
- Featured in the April, 2006, issue of Southern Living magazine
- Concerts at Bethesda Naval Hospital and at Walter Reed
- Participation in the 2012 World Choir Games in Cincinnati, OH, where DJC was awarded three Silver Diplomas in competition.